It is a very interesting example of an Ottoman building. It was built in 1878, according the neoclassical style, to house the offices of “Efkafion”, the Turkish authority that was responsible for management of charity foundations.
Elements of the ‘romantic neoclassicism’ have been applied to the building, perfectly combined with the architectural styles of the Balkans.
Since the late 19th century it housed an Ottoman public authority. After the Ottomans left, the building became “exchangeable” and was sold to civilians. Since then it has had various uses (private schools, shops etc).