It is an exquisite example of the Neoclassical Architecture in the last decades of the Ottoman occupation. Located in the suburb of Chalepa, it is one of the most important buildings of Chania.
The house stands out for its elegance, its well-balanced volumes and the simplicity of its form. The main entrance to the courtyard with the marble staircase and the porch is particularly interesting, as well as the decoration of the interior.
The building was constructed in 1860 and from 1965 it became the centre of social and charity activity in Crete during the last years of the Ottoman rule and the British Protectorate. It is protected with a preservation order.