Fountain Fontana Priuli | Locations

Fountain Fontana Priuli

  • MAP
  • LIKE

During the siege of the Khandax the Ottomans cut off the supply pipe to the Morosini Fontana, leaving the city dry. It was then that the General Antonio Priuli discovered underground water in a defensive ditch outside the Bethlehem Bastion. He diverted it to the Dermata Gate and in around 1666 he constructed a fountain which still exists behind the “Bodosakeion” Primary School and bears his name.
The fountain was also known as “Fontana Nouva”, and in the Ottoman period as “Delimarkos” fountain.