The Sebil was built in 1776 by Hadjii Ibrahim Aga, who spent almost his entire fortune on maintaining it. It is the only preserved example of a Sebil in the city.
It has the form of a round domed building punctuated by semicircular barred windows. In front of it there is a fountain with a stone basin, where the water was once collected.
Many townsfolk and the local press suggested that the fountain should be demolished, along with the Church of San Salvatore. It is now used as a coffeehouse, continuing a tradition established in Ottoman times.