The village Apodoulou is located at the southern foot of Mount Psiloritis, at the foot of the rise Papoura and the valley of Ambadia.
In Apodoulou human presence is testified from the prehistoric times until the modern times. Remains of the Minoan times were already spotted in 1933. With the passage of time new sites were added, with finds of the Minoan times and the later years.
(Authors: Vanna Niniou – Kindeli, Aggeliki Tsingou, archaeologists).