The Museum Collections are organised thematically (wine press, raki still, oven, agricultural implements, Cretan house, smithy, cooper’s shop, carpenter’s shop, olive mill, weavings and weaving tools), centered around the Cretan countryside and objects dating from the late 19th to the mid-20th century. In 2011, following an extensive renovation and expansion (ROP of Crete), the Museum acquired new weaving wings with textiles from the Theano Metaxa-Kanakaki Collections.
Abundant visual material and digital media offer visitors a wealth of information and documentation on the exhibits. The Museum is accessible to visitors with disabilities and has a small shop, a temporary exhibition room and rest areas.
Concessions [pupils and students (with student cards), over-65s]
Children 12 and under
- Accessible for people with special needs: YES
- Location: Piskopiano Museum of Rural Life 4, Museum of Rural Life Square Piskopiano, Hersonissos Crete, Greece
- Telephone: +30 28970 23303
- Fax: +30 28970 23334
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operation Hours: June – October: Monday, Wednesday - Saturday 10.00 – 18.00 Sundays, Tuesdays & Public Holidays: Closed