It has a chamber with”multiple doors”, a bathroom, staircases and stone-paved rooms. It was named after the beautiful wall-paintings with plants and lilies that existed on walls of the building.
The villa was probably built in the Middle Minoan IIA period, that is, in the 17th century B.C. and was destroyed, according to archeologist who discovered it, by a strong earthquake or tsunami in around 1500 B.C. The monument was damaged by German soldiers in World War II. The building was excavated in 1932 by professor Spiridon Marinatos.
- Accessible for people with special needs: NO
- Operation Hours: 08:00-15:00