The road to it is very good. The convent is well kept and pleasant to visit. The main church of the monastery is a double-aisle basilica. The monastery was one of the richest in the region in the early years of the Turkish occupation but it was destroyed by the Turks in 1822 and all its monks were killed. It was rebuilt in 1940 and the first monks arrived in 1944. Today it is occupied by women and is one of the few prospering monasteries on Crete.
- Location: Krousonas